Saturday 30 July 2011

Plum Festival Launch Day

Today is the launch of Pershore's Plum Festival and what a great day it is. As I write this, there are purple balloons throughout the town and a whole lot of fun going on in Chapman Court. There are stalls selling a variety of plum products - Plum Jam, Plum Cheese, Plum Soap... anything goes during Pershore's Plum Festival!





This is my friend Angela, enjoying the days celebrations. I first met Angela three years ago when I won a poetry competition and was crowned Pershore's Poet Laureate. Have I mentioned this before?! It's true, despite Fiona claiming it was her work, it was me!

       
Here is the proof...

Anyway, on with the show! The highlight of today has to have been seeing The Roving Crows. They are a great celtic group and they really got people tapping their feet. Have a listen... 



The fesitval continues throughout August with the main event being Plum Fayre Day on Bank Holiday Monday. If you pop along, be sure to visit me at Three Little Pigs.




No comments:

Post a Comment